Technical Data Sheet
The Lokomat is a driven gait orthosis that automates locomotion therapy on a treadmill and improves the efficiency of treadmill training. The Lokomat improves the therapy outcome by providing highly intensive, individualized training in a motivational environment of constant feedback.
- Driven orthosis (gait robot) with electrical drives in knee and hip joints with 4 force transducers and 4 amplifiers.
- Orthosis is adjustable to patients with femur lengths (trochanter to knee joint cavity) of 35 – 47 cm (13.8 – 18.5 in.) and a pelvic width (when used without FreeD module) of 29 – 51 cm (11.4 – 20.1 in.).
- Augmented Performance Feedback with functional exercises and entertaining games for patient motivation.
- Assessments and Reporting tools to record patient performance.
- Optional pediatric orthoses, adaptable to small children with femur lengths (trochanter to knee joint cavity) of 21 – 35 cm (8.3 – 13.8 in.) and pelvic width 17 – 28 cm (6.7 – 11 in.).
Optional FreeD module for driven pelvis movements (pelvic width 29 – 40 cm (11.4 – 15.7 in.)), passively guided hip abduction/adduction movements and laterally synchronized body weight support.
- Speed range 0 – 10 km/h (0 – 6.2 mph) (with gait orthosis max. 3.2 km/h (1.9 mph))
- Height and width of both handrails independently adjustable
- Adjustable seats for therapists
- System ramp compatible with commonly used wheelchairs
- Possibility of conventional treadmill training without orthoses
Safety and Comfort
- Electrically operated patient lift with static and dynamic unloading
- Max patient weight 135 kg (297.6 lb.)
- Body weight support range 0 to approx. 85 kg (187.4 lb.), continuously adjustable without training interruption
- Almost constant weight support and low inertial forces (patent pending)
- Computer-controlled via the therapist screen of the Lokomat
- Electronic display of patient and unloading weight
- 2 x 220 – 240 V~ / 50 – 60 Hz
- 2 x 110 – 120 V~ / 50 – 60 Hz
- Approx. 1000 kg (2204 lb.)
- Temperature: 10 – 30 °C
- Humidity: 30 – 75 % relative air humidity
- Air pressure: 780 – 1060 hPa
Space (L x W): Height (without FreeD module) Height (with FreeD module)
Space (L x W):
Height (without FreeD module)
Height (with FreeD module)
Space (L x W): Height
Space (L x W):
Space requirements LokomatPro
Without FreeD module: With FreeD module
(L x W x H)
Without FreeD module:
With FreeD module
Space requirements LokomatNanos
450 x 350 cm (L x W)
- Temperature: 10 °C – 30 °C
- Humidity: 30 % – 75 % relative air humidity
- Air pressure: 700 hPa – 1060 hPa
- 15-inch touch screen monitor for setting input and device control by the therapist
- 32-inch Augmented Performance Feedback flat screen monitor
- Patient weight max. 135 kg (297.6 lb.)
- Patient height max. 200 cm (78.74 in.) (193 cm (75.98 in.) without extension)