Technical Data Sheet
The Lokomat is a driven gait orthosis that automates locomotion therapy on a treadmill and improves the efficiency of treadmill training. The Lokomat improves the therapy outcome by providing highly intensive, individualized training in a motivational environment of constant feedback.
- Driven orthosis (gait robot) with electrical drives in knee and hip joints with 4 force transducers and 4 amplifiers.
- Orthosis is adjustable to patients with femur lengths (trochanter to knee joint cavity) of 35 – 47 cm (13.8 – 18.5 in.) and a pelvic width (when used without FreeD module) of 29 – 51 cm (11.4 – 20.1 in.).
- Augmented Performance Feedback with functional exercises and entertaining games for patient motivation.
- Assessments and Reporting tools to record patient performance.
- Optional pediatric orthoses, adaptable to small children with femur lengths (trochanter to knee joint cavity) of 21 – 35 cm (8.3 – 13.8 in.) and pelvic width 17 – 28 cm (6.7 – 11 in.).
Optional FreeD module for driven pelvis movements (pelvic width 29 – 40 cm (11.4 – 15.7 in.)), passively guided hip abduction/adduction movements and laterally synchronized body weight support. The FreeD module is not compatible with the Pediatric Orthoses.